CDEL is "Going the Distance for Justice" at the 16th Annual Chicago Half Marathon
The Center for Disability and Elder Law (CDEL) Invites You to Join “TEAM CDEL”
Team CDEL will be participating in the 16th Annual Chicago Half Marathon and 5K which is being held on Sunday, September 9, 2012. We are looking for runners to join our team and help CDEL “Go the Distance for Justice.”
TEAM CDEL is looking for additional “TEAM CDEL” volunteers to help fund-raise and/or cheer on our runners on the day of the race.
CDEL is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization which provides legal services to the most vulnerable and underrepresented residents of Cook County. CDEL’s mission is to:
- Provide free legal services to low-income seniors and persons with disabilities in Cook County; and
- Foster the pro bono culture throughout the Chicago legal community.
Members of TEAM CDEL will receive the following benefits:
Guaranteed race entry to 15th Annual Chicago Half Marathon
- The chance to run on Lake Shore Drive!
- All members will be provided with full fundraising support, including:
- sponsorship request letter samples,
- organizational information,
- thank you templates,
- verification of 501c3 status, etc.
- Fundraising tips and guidance!
- Fantastic Prize for our top fundraiser
- Commemorative T-shirt
- Great course support
- Entertainment throughout the course
What is expected of TEAM CDEL members:
- Participants must maintain a 13 minute per mile pace.
- TEAM CDEL members must register, on their own, by August 10th using the link listed below:http://www.chicagohalfmarathon.com/ Click “Register
- Remember to click “Center for Disability & Elder Law” in the charity box!
- Members must try and raise a minimum of $500 – CDEL is a nonprofit, 501c3 organization. 100% of the funds raised by each team member will go to advance CDEL’s mission. Please be advised that all donations are tax deductible to the extent permitted by law.
If you would like to join TEAM CDEL or you have additional questions, please contact CDEL's Legal Director, Thomas Wendt at 312-376-1880 ext. 21, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.